July 11, 2014

13 Questions: Evie

Seeing as I don't have much access to indie wrestling where I live, I didn't know much about this week's 13 Questions guest until I stumbled upon an informative video on YouTube a while back that documents her training, her background, and her career as a wrestler in her native New Zealand. But did that video cover what video games she plays or what songs define her? No! Don't worry, we got you covered here at The Death Rattle. Anyway, since watching that video, I've followed Evie on Twitter and tried my best, with what resources I have, to get schooled on the exciting awesomeness that Evie and her hard-working female counterparts on wrestling's indie scene bring to the table. If you'd like to keep up with what Evie's doing (and hopefully catch her at a town near you), check out the links below.

 
1. Who are you and where are you from?
My name’s Evie and I’m a professional wrestler/ Geek/ Chocolate lover/ Khaleesi from Auckland, New Zealand.


2. Where might people know you from?
Most likely from my work with SHIMMER Women Athletes and Shine Wrestling, or just being a dork on social media (Twitter: @Evie_NZ ..follow me ;) )


3. When it comes to what you do, who are your major influences?
I’m influenced by so many different things, which include video games (Tekken) and my track and field history. In terms of style, I’m inspired a lot by Japanese wrestler KENTA.


4. What four peoples' faces would you put on your own personal Mt. Rushmore?
Liam Neeson, Tyrion Lannister, Chun Li and Robert Downey Jr (Iron Man version)


5. What's the last album you bought?
The Part Time Punks Session EP by Tennis System.

6. What are the last movies you saw in theaters and on DVD/Blu-Ray?
I caught the new Godzilla movie, which was pretty rad. The Lego Movie was amazingly awesome; definitely have a soft spot for that one … and Xmen: Days of Future Past. I swing slightly more to the Marvel side with the whole comic book movie franchises, and that did NOT disappoint. Looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy! 


7. What's the last podcast you listened to?
The Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana.

8. What's the last video game you played?
I started playing Red Dead Redemption and The Last of Us again – I love games with a good story. I would love to buy a PS4 as there are some cool releases coming up, but I hardly have time to game these days and can’t justify spending the money on one right now :(


9. What's the last book you read?
I am very erratic with my book reading, I can’t remember the last book I actually finished because I have a tendency to start one, and then start another without completing the first! I’m currently in the middle of finishing the first Game of Thrones novel. Will probably finish the series when I’m 70, or something.

10. What are your favorite sports teams?
The All Blacks, our national rugby team – without a doubt, best in the world ;)

11. What cartoon or comic book character can you relate to the most?
A cross between Rogue and Patrick Star.

12. Create a playlist of ten songs that give people an idea of your musical taste.
No Diggity – Blackstreet & Dr Dre
Youth – Foxes
Heartbeat – Childish Gambino
High For This – The Weeknd
Friday I’m In Love – The Cure
Do You Love Me – The Contours
When your heart stops beating - +44
Nirvana (Harry Fraud Remix) – Sam Smith
It’s Tricky – Run DMC
Epic – Faith No More

13. If you could spend the day at an amusement park with one person from the entertainment industry, who would it be and why?
Probably Jennifer Lawrence. Because, Jennifer Lawrence.


LINKS:

@Evie_NZ on Twitter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment