November 9, 2012

13 Questions: Cheryl Downey

Like most red-blooded males reading this, I'm a sucker for pin-up models, and this week's 13 Questions participant is just that! Well, I shouldn't say "just that"; Cheryl Downey is a busy young woman who, aside from modeling, is an actress and runs her own business in New Jersey. Oh, and she also loves classic Universal Horror movies. Yeah, so she's pretty much your dream girl. Towards the end of this month, you'll be able to see Cheryl in issue #10 of Retro Lovely in a spread that was photographed by Viva Van Story, who's one of the more well-known pin-up photographers in the world. Aside from that, get to know a little more about Cheryl and please check her out at the links below!

1. Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Cheryl Downey. I’m a pinup model, actress, and business owner. I live in Northern New Jersey.

2. Where might people know you from?
People may know me from my pinup modeling, my role in the upcoming indy horror film Sherriff Tom Vs The Zombies, or my store in NJ where I sell items for people on eBay. Yes, just like in the “40 Year Old Virgin”.

3. When it comes to what you do, who or what are your major influences?
My number one inspiration since I was 7 years old was Marilyn Monroe. I love the glamour and beauty Marilyn projected in her photos and on film.  I try to channel her when I model.

4. What four peoples' faces would you put on your own personal Mt. Rushmore?
Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr & Lon Chaney Sr. I’m an old school horror geek. These legends need their own Mt Rushmore.


5. What's the last album you bought?
The Beastie Boys- Hot Sauce Committee Part II. I wish I could have seen them live.

6. What are the last movies you saw in theaters and on DVD/Blu-Ray?
In the theatre I saw Frankenweenie. I love just about everything Tim Burton does.  On DVD the indy horror flick, Mary Horror.


7. What's the last podcast you listened to?
I never listened to a Podcast before.

8. What's the last video game you played?
Dead Island on Xbox. I Iove the zombie craze as much as everyone else.

9. What's the last book you read?
I’m in the middle of Jane Fonda: The Private Life of a Public Woman. Jane is such a fascinating woman with a multi faceted life. Before that I read Hollowland (The Hollows, #1). It is part of a zombie apocalypse series. I predict a movie trilogy in its future like The Hunger Games.

10. What are your favorite sports teams?
I don’t watch sports but, I do enjoy a good boxing match.

11. What cartoon or comic book character can you relate to the most?
Well I always wanted to be Catwoman if I was a super hero. I could get into being a whip carrying burglar. Plus her cat suit is pretty fierce.

12. Create a playlist of ten songs that give people an idea of your musical taste.
Five To One- The Doors
Hollywood Babylon- The Misfits
Heartbreaker- Led Zepplin
Zinky Reggae- Bob Marley
Sad But True- Metallica
Promise Land- Elvis Presley
Dragula- White Zombie
Get It Together- Beastie Boys
Hypnotize- Notorious BIG
The Seeker- The Who

13. If you could spend the day at an amusement park with one person from the entertainment industry, who would it be and why?
I would want to go with someone fun, who could be silly, and play like a big kid. I think I would choose Jack Black. He would have me in stitches all day.


LINKS:

Cheryl Downey on Facebok


2 comments: