January 11, 2013

13 Questions: Joe from Bloody Good Horror

Joe is a beer connoisseur and podcaster who works with the fine gents at Bloody Good Horror. You can check out Joe on the excellent Bloody Good Horror weekly podcast, where he and his fellow hosts review a movie each week and talk about new horror releases. Also be sure to check out the BGH website to keep up what's new in the world of horror; their team of writers tackle everything from straight-to-DVD releases to obscure festival screenings.

1. Who are you and where are you from?
I’m Joe, nice to meet you. How are you? That’s nice. Anyway I live in Chicago.


2. Where might people know you from?
Probably The Bloody Good Horror Podcast. Maybe High School though. Most likely the podcast.


3. When it comes to what you do, who or what are your major influences?
That’s a tough one. I didn’t really listen to any podcast before I checked out Bloody Good Horror. I went to High School with a couple of the guys from the show so that was my real reason for listening. And by that I mean I like to hear people talk about how funny I am so I would really just listen to hear my name. After a while I think they just got sick of me emailing them so they invited me to join the show.

4. What four peoples' faces would you put on your own personal Mt. Rushmore?
Steve Martin, Yoda, Kurt Russell and Don Knotts


5. What's the last album you bought?
Converge – All We Love We Leave Behind


6. What are the last movies you saw in theaters and on DVD/Blu-Ray?
I saw “The Collection” for the podcast. We try to see new releases opening weekend no matter how bad we think they’re going to be.

7. What's the last podcast you listened to?
I’m trying to listen to more on my commute to work. Just gave Adam Carolla’s a go.


8. What's the last video game you played?
I’m late to the party on this one but after watching “Indie Game” I bought Super Meat Boy. It’s pretty awesome.

9. What's the last book you read?
Practical Demonkeeping by Christopher Moore. I like that guys work a lot.

10. What are your favorite sports teams?
The Islanders, which is tough now that I don’t live on the east coast. Thanks to the strike I didn’t have to pay for the NHL Package this year though.


11. What cartoon or comic book character can you relate to the most?
George Jetson. The guy just wanted to work and go home to his family. Are you crying right now? I hope so.

12. Create a playlist of ten songs that give people an idea of your musical taste.
1. Tom Waits – Jersey Girl
2. Neil Diamond – Crunchy Granola Suite
3. Converge – Homewrecker
4. Pig Destroyer – Heathen Temple
5. Behemoth – At the Left Hand Ov God
6. Creedence Clearwater Revival – Someday Never Comes
7. Electric Six – Your Hear Is Rising
8. Kvelertak – Mjod
9. 2Pac – I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto
10. Billy Joel - Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)

Oh I'm so eclectic!

13. If you could spend the day at an amusement park with one person from the entertainment industry, who would it be and why?
I’d like to go to EPCOT with Steve Martin. He just seems really nice and he cracks me up.

LINKS:

Bloody Good Horror on Facebook




1 comment: