July 20, 2012

13 Questions: Chuck Taylor

Chuck Taylor is a pro wrestler who has held titles and made children cry in promotions such as IWA Mid South and CZW, and he now primarily wrestles for Dragon Gate USA, Evolve, and CHIKARA, for whom he competes in as a member of F.I.S.T. To follow and stay up to date with "The Kentucky Gentleman", check out the links below (I highly recommend Chuck's YouTube channel).

1. Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Chuck Taylor and I am from Murray, Kentucky. The greatest town in the world.

2. Where might people know you from?
You may have seen me in such wrestling promotions as CHIKARA or Dragon Gate USA. Perhaps in some goofy video online where I make a child cry or thrown an invisible grenade at an anthropomorphic ant. Or you've possibly seen me at your local watering hole, drinking cheap bourbon and cheaper beer.

3. When it comes to what you do, who or what are your major influences?
As a child I was influenced by the same things as everyone else, The Ultimate Warrior and Ghostbusters. As I matured I stopped caring about The Ultimate Warrior. I always was a big Chris Jericho fan, and now I just want to be in a country band and get drunk.

4. What four peoples' faces would you put on your own personal Mt. Rushmore?
Bill Murray, 2 Cold Scorpio, Ben Nichols, and Orange Cassidy.


5. What's the last album you bought?
I bought "40 Miler" by Tim Barry off iTunes. The first time I've paid for music in quite a while.

6. What are the last movies you saw in theaters and on DVD/Blu-Ray?
I saw Prometheus in theaters. I think I liked it. I need to think about it more.


7. What's the last podcast you listened to?
I listened to the WTF with Mark Duplass today at the gym. Now I want to make movies.

8. What's the last video game you played?
I just beat Mass Effect 3 a couple of weeks ago. It was fantastic. I'm looking for something new now.

9. What's the last book you read?
I read "Outer Dark" by Cormac McCarthy. I need to read more of Mr. McCarthy's stuff.

10. What are your favorite sports teams?
The only two sports teams that matter are the Murray State University Racer men's basketball squad and the St. Louis Cardinals. It's a good time to be a fan of both.

11. What cartoon or comic book character can you relate to the most?
I think myself and Sterling Archer would get along just fine.


12. Create a playlist of ten songs that give people an idea of your musical taste.
Alright, here we go.
"Bikeriders" - Lucero
"Theme From Cheers" - Titus Andronicus
"Bad Bad Things" - Andrew Jackson Jihad
"Glory Hallelujah" - Frank Turner
"Untitled" (from the acoustic EP) - Against Me!
"St. Andrew's Fall" - Blind Melon
"Shadow Stabbing" - Cake
"The Backseat" - The Gaslight Anthem
"Tile Work" - Tim Barry
"Easy" - Deer Tick

13. If you could spend the day at an amusement park with one person from the entertainment industry, who would it be and why?
I want to go to Cedar Point with Paul Rudd. I think that would be a lot of fun.


LINKS:

ChuckieT.com - @SexyChuckieT on Twitter
Chuck Taylor on Facebook - Chuck Taylor on YouTube
CHIKARA Pro - Dragon Gate USA


2 comments:

  1. Dude, another stellar interview! I don't know who this wrestler is (again, I am still stuck in my own personal time warp, haha), but the answers are quite varied. I also like the song choice for 'Theme from Cheers' by a band named after the Bard's most controversial play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, thanks for leaving some feedback, Brian! If you're ever in the mood to watch some current wrasslin', check out some of Chuck's clips on YouTube. Or at least the clips of him making kids cry... they're hilarious. What a heel!

    ReplyDelete